WordPress is a very large and popular name in the world of Websites and dominate one-third numbers of websites to the total number of websites running in the world. Are you know about its two types? If not, then read this article because here we remove all your confusion related to their identical names. The first type of WordPress is WordPress.org. It is a real side of WordPress and self-hosted Content Management System (CMS), you will all need your domain name and WordPress hosting, after that you need to download it and all the features are very easy to use. On the other hand, WordPress.com is the second type of WordPress that uses the same software as WordPress.org, but it is hosted for you and operates more like a website builder or you need a wordpress hosting for it. WordPress.org is more advanced because it allowing you to create any type of website without facing any limitation on creation features.
Some Pros and Cons of WordPress.org and WordPress.com
Let discuss the Pros and Cons of both WordPress.org and WordPress.com that will help you to choose the best for your own website.
The Pros of WordPress.org
If you go with WordPress.org then you will get full control over your website. You are do anything that you need to do for your website.
- The WordPress software is free, open-source, and easy to use.
- You own your website and all its data because your site will not be turned off because it is against the terms of services. So, this will ensure that your website is full in your control.
- You can easily add free, paid, and custom WordPress Plugins to your website.
- You can easily customize your website design and you can add free or premium themes offered by WordPress. You can create a custom design and add it to your website.
- You can run your own ads and make money without sharing with anyone.
- You can use powerful tools like Google Analytics and many more.
The Cons of WordPress.org
There are some cons of using a self-hosted WordPress.org website.
- Like all websites, web hosting is very important and this is the place where you store your website’s data. The cost you have to pay is $3 to $10 per month. But, if your website grows and gets more traffic then the cost of web hosting will also increase.
- The updates are depending on you because to update your WordPress site is complete with just 1-click. So, it is not a big deal.
- The backups also depend on you and you are responsible for it. You can get many WordPress Backup Plugins that will work as an automatic backup.
So, all the Pros and Cons are listed above the WordPress.org sites. So, if you want to build your website with lots of features then you have to pay otherwise you can create your website without paying any cost.
The Pros of WordPress.com
The free WordPress.com is a good choice for bloggers and those who start a blog for their family.
- Here you will get 3GB space on the free pack and after that, you have to switch your account to a paid pack if you want more space.
- You will get here automatic backups and you not need to worry about it.
The Cons of WordPress.com
Now, it’s time to discuss Cons of WordPress.com, and all the Cons are listed below.
- If you go with a free plan then WordPress.com place ads on your website. If you want to remove these ads then you have to buy upgrade plans.
- You will not able to sell ads on your website. If you run high traffic sites and want to place ads for making money then you have to apply for their advertisement programs called WordAds. But you have to share your revenue with them.
- You can only use the themes collection that is offered by WordPress.com on a free pack. You cannot add more themes options or cannot be able to use more themes to use it on your website.
- Free WordPress.com websites have come with a subdomain. You will get your domain with wordpress.com and if you want to remove it then you have to go with paid plans.
So, all the things that may confused users are clear above. If you want to go with any of these plans then keep all these things in your mind. The free plan is only for beginners in both and if you want to add more features then you have to pay for that and add it for creating a very genuine and impressive website.