EDB is the Microsoft Exchange Server database files which are supported by Windows platforms. Extensible Storage Engine (ESE) is a technology that stores the data also powered by Microsoft. It lets Exchange Server save and recover data through indexing and access. Therefore, Exchange Database or EDB is a strong database system that stores the complete mailbox of the user on Microsoft Exchange Server. These files store every ounce of data such as emails, journals, contacts, calendars, notes, attachments, etc.
Every platform has made for delivering effortless performance, but the technical concerns are also the inevitable part of technology. Hence, several errors occur due to software or server issues that hamper the smooth functioning. Problems like system shut down or connection issues may trigger the EDB files to corruption. Moreover, a damaged file can cause data loss.
Free Download EDB Recovery Tool
Reasons for the EDB file corruption
There might be a lot of explanations for the corruption of EDB file; few of them are given below:
- Server failure may prompt system, hardware, and network issues, O.S. stop issue, communication blunder, processor chip/motherboard/backplane error.
- Anti- Virus Programs can also prompt issues like EDB corruption. An anti-virus application might delete the log file.
- Accidental/Force Shutdown can be the reason for corruption in the EDB file.
- Oversized data files are prone to errors hence it might damage the file.
- Issues like overheating and motherboard failure are the main reasons for damage to the hard drive sector.
Recover the Corrupt EDB File
There are two ways to recover the corrupt EBD file, one is the manual method and the other is using the professional exchange EDB recovery tool. Let’s start with the manual.
Manual techniques intended to manage corrupt or damaged EDB files. But the manual method takes lots of time and patience and also needs technical skills to perform the task successfully. The non-technical users cannot perform the steps due to its complexity. Moreover, it doesn’t give satisfying results, so it is suggested to go for the manual methods only if you are technically sound. Otherwise, go with the professional method.
Professional Tool to Recover Corrupt EDB Files
- If you are in doubt to choose the best tool to recover the Exchange Server mailboxes professionally from the EDB file, you should go with Shoviv Exchange EDB Recovery tool. Check out the features of this tool in the underneath section:
- It quickly recovers corrupted, damaged Exchange EDB items from Exchange Database.
- It saves recovered items in several other formats like MSG, EML, HTML, vCard, and vCal.
- Exchange EDB recovery tool is appropriately keeping the hierarchy of the folder and the structure of emails after the recovery and export.
- It scans and recuperates EDB files quickly without the file size concern.
- This tool has simple GUI which lets users work efficiently
- The Software also lets users convert and migrate the recovered EDB file into the Microsoft Office 365.
- The demo version of this tool is the perfect way to measure the strength and performance of the tool. In the demo version, it allows migrating first 50 items from each folder.
How to Recover the Corrupt Damaged EDB file with Shoviv Recovery Tool?
Shoviv has a powerful feature that makes the recovery task a simple process. Here is a brief overview of the recovery steps of this tool.
- First, you need to download the tool from the website by clicking this link https://www.shoviv.com/exchange-recovery.html
- Now go to the download folder and double click on the setup file and install the tool by following the on-screen instructions.
- After installing, click on the icon and open the tool.
- You will see the simple interface now click on the EDB file, add/ select the file which you want to recover.
- Now select the Temp Path to save the recovered file after that click on the finish button.
- Next, you can preview the data in case you want to change anything before going to the final step. Right-click on the files and choose the export in Outlook PST.
- Now export the items in the PST file, you can choose the existing one or create the new, you can also set the size for resultant PST file. Click on Next button.
- Wait till the recovery process ends, after completing the task click on stop, and you are done.
As we all know how important EDB files are; hence corruption in these files can cause great damage to users. Fortunately, there are various methods available to recover the corrupt EDB files. However, manual methods are available but they are not promising enough to give the desired result and take lots of time and effort. Hence, it is not suggested by even the experts. Use the professional exchange EDB recovery tool and Shoviv is the best one in this niche. As you can get your data just by few clicks. This tool has various other benefits apart from recovering the files.
Here’s Why Probiotics for Men are so Beneficial for a Healthier Gut
Technology That’s Worth Investing In
What can you do to attract talent to your manufacturing business?